VDOE Virginia Assessment Portal
The Virginia Assessment Parent Portal is a secure, web-based portal created by the Virginia Department of Education to provide families access to certain statewide assessment results. This online platform replaces paper reports previously provided to families for growth and standards of learning assessments. Detailed, individual student information is typically within 10 days of a student taking the assessment.
Available Annual Assessments
- Math and reading growth assessments (grades 3 through 8)
- Standards of Learning (SOL) assessments (grades 3 through 12)
Parents will be able to review their child’s Student Detail by Question (SDBQ) Reports for each test completed and, in most cases, you will be able to view a personalized video that accompanies the SDBQ Report for your child. This is a personalized video that provides an overview of the SDBQ report, explains specific details from your child’s SDBQ report, and directs you to resources on the Virginia Department of Education’s website to assist with your child's academic needs.
To create your personal Virginia Assessment Parent Portal account, log in to the Aspen Family Portal:
- Read the Virginia Assessment Parent Portal User’s Guide, located under Announcements.
- Create your state account and return to Aspen to retrieve each student’s individual claim code.
- Select the “Family” tab from the top navigation field
- Click on your child’s name to reach the “Details” tab
- Locate the individual child’s Claim Code in the bottom, right hand column. Please note, the Claim Code must be entered exactly as shown as it is case sensitive. New Claim Codes will need to be retrieved for the growth assessments and spring SOL testing administrations.
- Enter the Claim Code in the Virginia Assessment Parent Portal.